Gynecology Services & Procedures in San Francisco
We are devoted to providing the full range of gynecology services to the San Francisco area. If you would like more information on the services we provide, please call our office at (415) 923-3130 or speak with your provider.
- General gynecologic care
- Reproductive choices
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding diagnosis and treatment
- Endometriosis diagnosis and treatment
- Infertility evaluation and treatment / fibroid related infertility
- Testing for hereditary cancers : BRCA I,II Lynch/HNPCC, counseling and comprehensive surgical options
- Menopause management, evaluation and individualized treatment plans
- Urinary incontinence evaluation and treatment
- Urogynecology and pelvic floor surgery
- Uterine endometrial ablation
- prolapse treatment
- Urinary retention
- Dilation & Curettage
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Sonohysterogram - a diagnostic test using infusion of saline into the uterus via a small catheter placed vaginally and visualizing the uterine cavity with ultrasound to get a better picture of the lining and to help differentiate irregular lining, polyps or fibroids.
- Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Instillations & Irrigation - For patients with erosion of their bladder mucosa, some patients require solutions with bladder mucosa protectants and anesthetics for recovery and pain relief.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Operative hysteroscopy : resection of polyps and fibroids
- Cystoscopy & biopsy - a camera to look inside the bladder and rule out pathology or lesions can be done in the office and biopsies performed if necessary.
- Advanced Laparoscopy : Laparoscopic myomectomy and hysterectomy
- da Vinci® Hysterectomy
- da Vinci® Myomectomy
- da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy
- Minimally invasive vaginal procedures
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Mid-urethral slings
- Prolapse Repair of cystocele and rectoceles
- Endometrial ablation - such as Novasure
- Essure - permanent birth control
- Risk reducing robotic and laparoscopic bilateral salpingo- oophorectomy for HBOC patients
- Neuromodulation for bladder control and soon to be FDA approved for bowel control
- Urodynamic testing
- Pelvic floor therapy (biofeedback, electronic therapy, dietary counseling, bladder retraining)
- Laser hair removal
When hospitalization is necessary, our primary facility is California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. CPMC gynecologic, and ambulatory facilities are excellent. We also work at Marin Hospital, Seton Medical Center and Saint Francis Hospital.
In This Section
- Gynecologic Care
This isn't your grandma's hysterectomy. Hear what other patients are saying. [ click here ]
da Vinci® Surgical System
da Vinci® overcomes limitations of both traditional and minimally invasive surgery.
[ learn more about da Vinci® ]