Minimally Invasive Gynecological Procedures
When gynecological treatment is needed, there are many minimally invasive options. Whether you are experiencing abnormal conditions such as bleeding, pain, fibroids, urinary incontinence or other issues including finding new methods of contraception, these new minimally procedures typically result in improved outcomes, faster recoveries, low blood loss, less pain and reduced scaring.
da Vinci Surgery
- da Vinci® Hysterectomy. Enables a physician to perform minimally invasive partial or complete hysterectomies for general or complex conditions through several extremely small incisions (1-2cm) with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control.
- da Vinci® Myomectomy. Combines the best of open and laparoscopic surgery with the da Vinci System to remove uterine fibroids through small incisions (1-2cm) with unmatched precision and control. It also preserves the potential for future pregnancy.
- da Vinci® Sacrocoplexy. For women who experience prolapse (falling) of pelvic floor organs (vagina, uterus, bladder or rectum) as a result of weak connective tissues or muscles, this new minimally invasive surgical procedure can restore the organs to their correct anatomical position.
- da Vinci® Endometriosis Resection. Allows a surgeon to perform a thorough removal of deeply penetrated or widespread endometrial implants (growths of tissue that attach to organs, primarily in the pelvic cavity), while preserving the uterus and minimizing the risk of a relapse.
- NovaSure®. An office-based minimally invasive endometrial ablation procedures that use radio frequency energy to remove the lining of the uterus (endometrium) in women experiencing heavy menstrual periods.
- Essure® Tubal Ligation. A non-surgical procedure that seals off the fallopian tubes that takes about 30 minutes and does not require anesthesia. Patients should be aware that the procedure provides permanent birth control and is not reversible.
In This Section
- Gynecologic Care
This isn't your grandma's hysterectomy. Hear what other patients are saying. [ click here ]